Current Phase: Pre-Dig for Stormwater System
The Pre-Dig phase for the Clayton Street Improvements started Monday, June 18 when crews started digging trenches for the future stormwater system. Actual installation of the stormwater system will begin in January 2019.
The goal is to resolve any issues such as conflicts with other underground items earlier in the process so that the actual installation of the system goes quicker.
- Work started near N. Lumpkin Street on June 18 and will move block-by-block to Thomas Street until November 2018
- Crews will work one side of a block at a time (south side and then the north side)
- Construction work will take place Monday - Thursday from 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (except for any holidays) and Friday mornings from 6:00-~11:00 a.m. By Thursday evenings, the fenced area will shrink to enclose only the needed areas for repair. Repaving and repair will take place on Friday mornings to reopen all parking spaces and lanes.*
- Work will take place in a rolling work zone of up to approximately 200' at a time and require lane closures and parking space closures of 10-15 spaces at a time.
As work is completed, areas will be re-opened as soon as feasible. All lanes and spaces are expected to be re-opened at the end of each pre-dig work week by Friday mornings.*
Detailed block-by-block/side of street maps and more information are available at www.accgov.com/clayton. Additionally, staff continue to visit businesses in the affected areas to provide maps and answer questions about the project.
* - If weather conditions prevent placing asphalt, closures and work days/times may be extended before an area can re-open.