Chase Street Corridor Study Update - July 30, 2018
The Mayor and Commission is tentatively scheduled to vote on the Chase Street reconfiguration at their Tuesday, August 7 Regular Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. in City Hall.
The agenda for the July 17 Agenda Setting Session that included discussion of the item is currently available at www.accgov.com/agendas. The tentative agenda for the August 7 Regular Session meeting will be linked at this webpage beginning the afternoon of Friday, August 3.
The tentative meeting agenda includes a link to items on the agenda, including to the Chase Street agenda item with background information about the project. The preferred design concept document without the agenda information is also available for viewing at www.accgov.com/chase.
The Chase Street corridor study includes the following general elements. More details and maps can be found in the agenda item.
- Chase Street at Newton Bridge Road: minor safety and operational improvements
- Chase Street at SR10 Loop: dual roundabouts at the loop ramps
- Chase Street at Rowe Road: traffic calming improvements and conversion of the Rowe Road approach to right-in/right-out
- Chase Street at Oneta: single lane roundabout
- Chase Street at Railroad Bridge: traffic calming improvements
- Chase Street at Boulevard: minor safety and operational improvements
- Oneta Street and Boulevard: east/west pedestrian and bicycle connectivity
- Barber Street between Chase Street and Boulevard: shared use path
For more information, contact the Athens-Clarke County Transportation & Public Works Department at 706-613-3440 or firstname.lastname@example.org