ACC from A to Z
Coming Soon: The 2020 ACC from A to Z Guide
The 2020 revised and updated edition of the Athens-Clarke County Public Information Office’s ACC from A to Z: A Guide to the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government and Community Services will be available soon. The annually-updated guide contains contact information and descriptions for over 700 entries related to government programs and services, as well as community organizations.
Arranged alphabetically by subject, the guide has been produced for over a decade by the Public Information Office based largely on the kinds of questions that the office regularly receives by phone, email, or social media. Information in the guide is reviewed and revised annually for accuracy.
Along with the A to Z subject listings, the guide also includes:
- contact information for local, state, and federal elected officials who represent Athens-Clarke County;
- Athens-Clarke County By the Numbers, a summary of demographic, historical, and financial data about the community and the Unified Government;
- an organizational overview of the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government;
- a Commission district map;
- a visual guide of recyclable materials accepted by the Athens-Clarke County Solid Waste Department;
- a general outdoor water use schedule;
- a broadcast schedule for ACTV Cable Channel 180 (Charter) / 6 (University Cablevision) and Mayor and Commission meetings;
- a list of common government acronyms;
- important contact numbers;
- selected ordinances; and
- a leaf and limb collection zone map.
Public Information Office at 706-613-3795 or email@example.com.