The animals at Sandy Creek Nature Center feature in many of our programs and exhibits. Their care is extremely important, and volunteers help us keep all of our critters happy and healthy!
Animal Care Volunteers make a weekly commitment to perform duties related to animal feeding, cleaning, and maintenance. Our needs are always changing, but such duties may include:
* Preparing diets for our turtles & exotic lizards, and cleaning their tanks
* Feeding marine and freshwater fish
* Performing water chemistry tests
* Spray-misting and spot cleaning our exhibit amphibians
* Daily housekeeping tasks including laundry, dishes, and sweeping
If you're interested in becoming an animal care volunteer and are at least 18 years old, register a Cervis volunteer profile below or contact Carmen Champagne at (706) 613-3615 ext. 227 or email@example.com to discuss your availability and schedule an orientation time.