|The Mayor & Commission of Athens-Clarke County directed the Planning department to evaluate the existing conditions of the Oak Street & Oconee Street corridor and the Prince Avenue corridor as they relate to land use and design goals outside of the right-of-way, with a secondary focus on right-of-way improvements. Based on an inventory and analysis of existing conditions, the Planning Department developed recommendations regarding future development along the corridors.|
OAK & OCONEE STREET CORRIDOR STUDY
Here are links to comments that were submitted to the Planning Department regarding the studies:
- October 7, 2011 - November 3, 2011: Drop-In Period for Public Review in the Planning Department at 120 W. Dougherty Street. Hard copes of each study available for review. Comments received by October 27th were forwarded to the Planning Commission for their review prior to their November meeting.
- October 18, 2011: Public Meeting #1 from 6-8pm at 120 W. Dougherty Street
- October 25, 2011: Public Meeting #2 from 6-8pm at 120 W. Dougherty Street
- November 3, 2011: Planning Commission Meeting. The Planning Commission voted to table the studies to allow time for additional public input. Staff has scheduled a public meeting for each study, at a location on each corridor, listed below.
- December 5, 2011: Public Meeting for Oak & Oconee Street from 6-8pm at Oconee Street United Methodist Church
- December 12, 2011: Public Meeting for Prince Avenue from 6-8pm at Piedmont College
- January 12, 2012: Planning Commission Worksession
- February 2, 2012: Planning Commission Meeting
- March 13, 2012: Mayor & Commission Worksession
- March 22, 2012: Mayor & Commission Agenda Setting
- April 3, 2012: Mayor & Commission Meeting
- The full corridor study review timeline is available here.