Boards & Authorities
ATHENS-CLARKE COUNTY UNIFIED GOVERNMENT SEEKS CANDIDATES FOR MAJOR POLICY BOARDS
The Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following terms on important policy-making boards:
- One position on the Athens-Clarke County Industrial (Economic) Development Authority for a term of two years.*
- Three positions on the Athens-Clarke County Library Board for a term of five years.*
- One position on the Board of Tax Assessors for a term of six years.*
- Three positions on the Construction Board of Appeals; one position for an electrical contractor for a partial term expiring November 30, 2022. One position for a general contractor and one position for an HVAC contractor both for a term of five years.*
- Two positions on the Historic Preservation Commission; one position for a partial term expiring June 30, 2020 and one position for a partial term expiring June 30, 2021.
*Incumbents are eligible for reappointment and may reapply.
Applicants must be Athens-Clarke County residents and registered to vote in Athens-Clarke County. The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, October 19. A separate application must be completed for each position.
The Mayor and Commission is tentatively scheduled to interview applicants the afternoon/night of Tuesday, October 30. This will be the only date for interviews. After the deadline for receipt of applications, if you are selected for an interview you will receive notification of your interview time. If you will be out of town or otherwise unavailable on this date, let us know at the time you submit your application.
Appointments are tentatively scheduled to be made at the Mayor and Commission meeting of Tuesday, November 6. You will receive a letter from Mayor Denson following the date of this meeting.
Applications can be obtained online or from the Clerk of Commission's office in Room 204 of City Hall, 301 College Avenue.
For more information, please call Jean Spratlin, Clerk of Commission at 706-613-3031.