Project 14: Sandy Creek Park Renovation
Initial Project Statement
Sandy Creek Park Renovation and Development, will provide for the re-development/renovation of areas within Sandy Creek Park such as the Visitor's Center, renovation of Park restrooms to comply with ADA standards, rehabilitation of the campground, and general infrastructure improvements to park structures and roadways in accordance with the Sandy Creek Park Master Plan.
Project 14 provided for the re-development/renovation of areas within Sandy Creek Park through four different sub-projects, such as renovation of Park restrooms to comply with ADA standards, new picnic tables and trash cans, three new fishing docks, and expansion and renovation of dog parks, in accordance with the Sandy Creek Park Master Plan.
Survey work on the existing Lake Chapman trail has been completed. Staff is requesting that M&C allows Sub-Project #5 to be closed and remaining funds be moved to new Sub-Projects #6 and #7.
- 1 - Road Maintenance
- 2 - Replace Fishing Pier
- 3 - Replace Picnic Tables and Trashcans
- 4 - Renovate Dog Parks
- 5 - Upgrade Lakeside Trail at Lake Chapman
- 6 - Beach Renovations
- 7 - Playground Replacement
Key Project Statistics
- Designer: W R Toole
- Contractor: Structural Resources, Inc.
- Program Manager: Jacobs Engineering
- Sponsor: Leisure Services
- Original SPLOST Budget: $2,000,000
- Amended Budget: $2,000,000
- Total Cost: To be determined
- Completion Date: Ongoing
*as of 7/15/2019