Stormwater Management Program
Welcome to the Stormwater Management Program website. The Stormwater Management Program works to enhance and protect the water resources of Athens-Clarke County.
Stormwater Utility Information
Click here for information about Stormwater Utility Billing
. We love to hear from you so feel free to contact us with your questions.
What Is Stormwater?
Stormwater Management Coordinator
Transportation & Public Works Department
120 West Dougherty Street
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Stormwater is water that runs off roofs, driveways, and streets into our storm drains. What most people do not realize is that in the journey from the sky to streets to streams, stormwater picks up chemicals and pollutants that can contaminate our waterways.
What does the Stormwater Management Program do?
- Complies with the federally mandated National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit.
- Conducts water quality monitoring of streams and rivers in Athens-Clarke County to assess the health of local waterways.
- Develops and implements watershed management plans for the 17 watersheds in Athens-Clarke County.
- Oversees construction site stormwater runoff control through
reviewing of site plans, site inspections, and enforcement of erosion
- Conducts illicit discharge investigations and works to prevent
water pollution through enforcing Athens-Clarke County's Illicit
Visit our interactive Stormwater Website at www.ACCwatersheds.com
to find out what watershed you live in!