120 W. Dougherty St.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Our mission is to effectively manage community change in both the short and the long term with regard to land use, transportation, historic preservation, urban design and overall development in order to achieve a positive environment that is productive and beneficial to all citizens of Athens-Clarke County.
The tools used to achieve this mission include the:
- Comprehensive Plan
- Zoning Ordinance
- Subdivision Regulations
- Flood Protection Ordinance
- Street Numbering Ordinance
- Environmental Areas Ordinance
- Tree Management Ordinance
- Historic Preservation Ordinance
- Sign Ordinance
- Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) developed in conjunction with the Madison Athens-Clarke-Oconee Transportation Study (MACORTS)
- Athens-Clarke County Geographical Information System (GIS)
Click below for links to upcoming agendas and to calendar postings for upcoming meetings.
Submit a Question
Contact the Planning Department using our online form