Social Media Policy
The Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County (ACCUG) assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions, or discrepancies. ACCUG is not responsible for the content of nor endorses any site that has a link from this page or social media account.
Comment and posting policy
Commenters are fully responsible for everything in their postings and comments, which are in the public domain. Posted comments do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of ACCUG.
Comments, postings, and messages submitted by the public after the normal business hours of the ACCUG office that operates the social media account will be read as early as possible. In most cases, this means the next business day.
ACCUG reserves the right to not post or to edit or remove any of the following from its social media accounts:
- a. comments and hyperlinks unrelated to the topic of the posting or discussion;
- b. ACCUG postings with incorrect information that cannot be edited to provide correct information;
- c. comments in support of, or in opposition to, local political campaigns or ballot measures;
- d. content containing information about ACCUG business or operations that is confidential and non-public;
- e. profane, obscene, or indecent language, content, or links;
- f. disparaging remarks that promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation;
- g. personal, business, or organizational solicitations or advertisements unrelated to the posted social media topic;
- h. conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- i. information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- j. content that violates copyrights or trademarks of others;
- k. spam; and
- l. content that contain threats, harassment's, personal attacks, or defamatory statements.
All content, comments, messages, and replies posted on or through any ACCUG social media account are subject to Georgia open records laws.