UGA Home Football Games
Information for the UGA Home Football Games
- Fans are reminded that parking rules will be strictly enforced. Vehicles parked on yellow curbs, fire zones, sidewalks, entrance / exit ramps, and other designated “no parking zones” are subject to citation(s) and towing.
- Blocking or obstructing sidewalks with tents, coolers, tables, chairs, grills, or other items is not permitted and subject to citation(s) and removal.
- Open containers of alcohol and glass containers are prohibited on the public streets, sidewalks, alleyways or rights-of-way, in any public or semipublic parking facility including areas of ingress and egress, or on any outdoor public patio within Athens-Clarke County. (ACC codes 6-3-12 and 3-12-23)
- The gates to Sanford Stadium open 90 minutes before the game. The "Dawg Walk" is 95 minutes before the game.
- Near the end of the game traffic patterns are changed to expedite the flow of traffic. Further information and maps are available on the Athens-Clarke County Police web page and Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Place all valuables (cell phone, laptop, purse, etc) in the trunk of your vehicle or out of sight. Lock your vehicle.
- If you see suspicious activity or persons, call 911. If you see something – say something.
After the Game
- The following streets are changed to one-way traffic:
College Sta Rd from UGA Campus to Research Dr
Thomas St from Broad St and continuing onto North Ave to Martin Luther King, Jr., Pkwy
- The center turn lane of S Lumpkin St at Baxter St southbound to Milledge Ave will be coned off and designated as a southbound traffic lane
- The center turn lane of Baxter St at S Lumpkin St westbound to Milledge Ave will be coned off and designated as a westbound traffic lane
- If you are on Loop 10 (the Athens By-Pass) stay on the Loop until you come around to your exit. Exiting the Loop to turn around backs up traffic on surface streets. Remaining on the Loop will prevent you from being stuck in traffic.
- Watch for police officers who are directing traffic.
- Remember, it is Georgia law to pull over or slow down if you see emergency vehicles (police, ambulance, utility vehicles) on the side of the road.
Telephone Numbers of Police Departments
If you have an emergency, call 911. For non-emergency calls the following numbers should be used:
- Athens-Clarke County Police - 706-546-5900 (off campus incidents)
- University of Georgia Police - 706-542-5813 (on-campus incidents)
- University of Georgia Parking Services - 706-542-7275 (on-campus parking)