ACTV Government Access Channel
About ACTV Cable Channel 180 / Channel 13 (University Cablevision)On October 27, 2000, the Public Information Office began broadcasting ACTV, a government access television channel, on Charter Cable channel 7 and University Cablevision channel 97. In March 2002, ACTV began airing live and rebroadcast Mayor & Commission meetings. ACTV airs information 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. On Tuesday, June 10, 2014, ACTV moved its broadcast on Charter Cable to Channel 180.
The following schedule repeats every hour when not superseded by other programming:
- :00 - :10 Mayor and Commission Information: Biographical and contact information for the mayor and 10 commissioners, meeting schedules, agendas, and updates on other issues
- :10 - :20 Government Services Updates: Road work reports, water restrictions, leaf and limb pick-up schedules, water conservation tips, Transportation and Public Works Department updates, Public Utilities Department updates, and recycling tips
- :20 - :30 What’s Happening in Athens?: Time-sensitive information on Athens-Clarke County activities and programs, Leisure Services Department program information, public meetings, and forums
- :30 - :40 Job Opportunities with Athens-Clarke County: Current listing of available jobs with the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government, including full-time, part-time, and summer opportunities with the Leisure Services Department
- :40 - :50 Public Safety Updates: Fire and crime prevention tips, reward information, public safety information, warnings, requests for citizen help, and recognition for police, fire, and sheriff personnel
- :50 - :00 All About Athens: General Athens-Clarke County information, Shelter Pals dog listings, ordinance information, operating hours, general parks and recreation information, important phone numbers, information on historic districts, and more
Televised Mayor and Commission Meeting Schedule (Length Varies)
Days for some live televised meetings may be altered due to holidays and elections.
- First and Third Tuesdays of the month: 6:00 p.m. (live)
- All other Tuesdays of the month: 6:00 p.m. (rebroadcast)
- All Thursdays of the month: 6:00 p.m. (rebroadcast)
- Every Sunday of the month: 3:00 p.m. (rebroadcast)
Georgia Department of Labor's JobTV (1 Hour)
- 10:00 a.m.
- 5:00 p.m. (Sundays may be pre-empted by Mayor & Commission meeting rebroadcasts)
- 3:00 a.m.
- Can Athens-Clarke County regulate the price of cable?
- Does Athens-Clarke County have any control over internet service?
- Why doesn't my TV provider offer certain channels?
- Why is there no cable competition for Charter?
- What happens if I have a complaint about a video company?
- How does the move to statewide franchise for Charter change the complaint procedure?
- How does the move to statewide franchise affect AT&T's video offerings?
- What are the concerns with AT&T's U-Verse treatment of PEG channels?