Name Change / Marriage

In order for a Georgia Certificate of Title to be re-issued in a person's married name, the following documents must be submitted to the Motor Vehicle Division or county tag office: 
  • Title Application - The application must be completed in detail in the married name, typed in full, and signed. 
  • Transfer Document - This document must be the valid certificate of title. 
  • Proof of Marriage - A copy of the marriage certificate or valid Georgia ID issued in married name must be provided.
  • Processing Fee - The fee is $18.